Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog 10: Self-Reflection

1. How do you think you are doing so far in your senior project and why? AE, P, AP, CR, or NC

I think that I am doing very well in my senior project. I have completed over twelve hours of service learning in the Forensic Science Academy Club and have collected useful, thoughtful information that can help me with my essential question on forensic anthropology. I am also very close to finishing up my first Independent Component and I have an excellent idea for my second Independent Component. I have done everything that has been asked of me and I am doing it in a very professional and educational way. With this being said, I believe I deserve a AE for my constructive work that I have done for my senior project.

2. What one thing do you think you have done well on and why?

One thing that I think I have done well on was finding a Cal Poly class that can assist me on my essential question and be part of my first Independent Component. Because I am taking a Prehistorical/Archaeological class I am receiving the base information on bone differentiation based on human evolution and every culture's skeletal difference. This has contributed my knowledge to future presentations and has provided me to be an excellent resource to acquire and have for my scientific senior project. By taking this Anthropology course, all of the high-end knowledge that is presented to me in the meetings are easy to understand and comprehend when I have the background knowledge.

3. What is one thing you would like to improve on and why?

One thing I would like to improve on is completely memorizing the scientific and common names of all 208 skeletal bones in the human body because I would like to incorporate this knowledge in my presentations and research papers to be able to sound like a true scientist. When I enter a course that involves knowing and understanding the skeletal remains, I would want to act highly intelligent and be able to give constructive information when my professor or adviser asks for possible causes of deaths that can have occurred based on the evidence provided.  

No comments:

Post a Comment