Sunday, November 20, 2011

Forensic Science Academy Club Field Trip to the LA County Coroner's Office



The Forensic Science Academy Club had a field trip to the Los Angeles Depertment of Coroner! This inspirational experience occurred during 12:00PM to 5:00PM in Los Angeles! I show up fashionably early to these events, especially because it shows the President of the FSAC that I'm highly interested in my field. Greeted with open arms, the FSAC were told to go inside and listen to a brief presentation of what the Coroner does, history of the LA Coroner origin, as well as why this is important for us to know.

It was a rather intriguing presentation which I have noted to keep everyone awake. This is relatively good observation since I will now be applying those "ooh-ahh" moments in my presentation that will make my audience linger for more information on forensic anthropology. Basically, the coroner is in the uppermost part of the triangle in the forensic field which pretty much represents the lab authorship and has the "final-say" power. The office isn't relatively old and is a fully functioning! I was astonished by the high amount of reward, badges, as well as emblems that the LA Coroner's Office were acknowledged with! This is rather inspirational since I want to leave my mark in this world by pursuing forensic anthropology.



Continuing with the tour, we were shown the LA County Coroner truck and its nifty compartments and abilities! It was rather interesting to see a few inches away! Finally, we were given these plastic garments to wear over our clothing, to dress-up and simulate what an actual coroner and forensic scientist have to do in order to conduct research in a crime scene; regardless of location!

I really enjoyed this tour and I believe that I have now gained more sources to detail forensic anthropology from! Can't wait to see what the future has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment