Saturday, September 17, 2011

Forensic Science Academy Club Meeting



The Forensic Science Academy had a club meeting that was held in front of Victoria Garden's Cold Stone Creamery that was held from 1:00PM to 2:10PM. I was presented to Ashlee Enriquez, the president of FSA, and Terri Armenta, the academy coordinator who were delighted to see a young student so interested about the forensic field. After the small meet-and-greet and delightful compliments, they decided to begin the meeting.

I enjoyed the fact that the meeting was held like a court-like system by making club members motion to process and adjourn the meeting. During this meeting the location of the Forensic Science Academy was revealed as well as the dates of registration and the first day of class. Handouts were presented by public relations which had opportunities to be a security guard, crime scene investigator, law enforcement official, and many other justice field careers.

Workshop openings, professional guest speaker meetings, as well as field trips were reminded and introduced to the meeting. Next week, on the 24th of September, I have signed up to attend the field trip to the Museum of Death in Hollywood where we will have a complete tour and have an amazing experience with the club!

Since I was a new member I had to present a little bit about myself and the reason I want to join the Forensic Science Academy and Club. Being the only teenager at the club, I feel that I have impressed the members with my high interest in the field and was given compliments.

The meetings were clear, concise, and professional and being given an overview of how the club system works, I was granted the opportunity to second the motion to adjourn the meeting.

After the meeting, I was given the opportunity to interview Ashlee Enriquez and explained more about the way I-Poly's senior project works, why I'm so interested in forensic anthropology, and what I wanted to get out of the academy modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment