Friday, October 14, 2011

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

1. Write a description of what you plan on doing for your independent study component.

For my independent study component I am planning on taking an Anthropology - Intro to Archaeology/Prehistory class at Cal Poly Pomona. In this class I will be studying the different physical and biological differences among racial groups in our world. Focusing on the evidence they leave behind as well as skeletal remains that are left for us to study, I will be provided the utmost information of how these individuals died and lived by studying their physical characteristics.

2. Describe in detail how you think your plan will meet the 30 hours work requirement.

Since the Cal Poly Pomona class is every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00PM - 4:50PM I will easily meet/exceed the length of time that I will be working on this study. The class includes lectures, readings, as well as examinations to allow my professor to understand that I am learning. 


3. 
How does your independent study component relate to your EQ?

My independent study component completely relates to my EQ because in this class we are exposed to skeletal remains to identify and observe. With this hands-on activity I will know what skeletal remains can tell me which is useful to testify as a forensic anthropologist. In my blog I have posted the pictures of the various crania in an array of angles to explain and show the detailed analysis of how trauma, reconstruction, and bruising can result to the thorough analysis that will be extremely useful for my EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment