Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blog 18: The Product

Question: As of March, what is your product and why? Please provide evidence to support what you have done to lead you thinking this is your product. Be specific and use examples from your senior project (refer to what you are doing, for example, in my service learning, naming the where you work and who you work with, I have been..).

As of March, my product is improving how to use proper anatomical terminology in order to describe the cause of death within the scenario. I have learned that skeletal remains can show evidence of the victim being defensive during the crime by having parry wounds and normally be presenting trauma force in the upper halves of the ulnae. I have also learned how important the environment in which the remains were found are important since they normally distort the evidence they can present and cause the criminal investigation to go to a wrong direction due to lack of DNA and bone striations being ruined.

Based on what I have learned in my 1st independent component source Dr. Mark Allen from Cal Poly Pomona, I was able to understand the basic fundamental values and knowledge in my Forensic Science Academy Club criminal investigation weekends when sharing-out to professionals as to what I believe a forensic anthropologist should conduct before actually having contact with the skeletal remains.

With my readings from the Dead Men Do Tell Tales: The Strange and Fascinating Cases of a Forensic Anthropologist by Forensic Anthropologist William R. Maples, I was able to easily compute the causes of death in investigations that I had to solve in my skeletal investigations by noting what parts of the skeletal remains can easily be noticed as a cause of death, or simply “just a flesh wound”-type of scenario. 

How do you provide evidence? Evidence should come in the form of a photo, video, or something you link to the blog.

Evidence from my learning experience through my Independent Component 1 and real-life scenario application of my topic.

Week 9

Evidence from my service learning at Rancho Cucamanga's Forensic Science Academy Club application, representation, and evidence of my product:

Consecutive Forensic Anthropology Week 1
Consecutive Forensic Anthropology Week 2
Consecutive Forensic Anthropology Week 3

No comments:

Post a Comment